Gone are the days of a basic visual inspection to detect part integrity. Counterfeiters are constantly improving ways to manufacturer fake parts and resell them to unsuspecting buyers. It is through our External, Internal and Electrical testing processes that a determination can be made for product integrity.
Through our certified test labs and partners, Sensible Micro offers:
Visual criteria is adopted from MIL-STD-883G Method 2009.9 and is very effective in identifying non-complying products.
- Illegible marking or marking content or placement not in accordance with the application specification
- Presence of any secondary coating
- Evidence of any nonconformance with details drawing or applicable procurement document or absence of any required feature.
- Foreign and displaced material
- Construction defects
- Package body finish
- Lead condition
- Package Dimensions
Decapsulation will expose the die in any plastic IC package by etching away the die’s plastic covering. This process will allow us to see if there is actually a die in the package.
- Failure Analysis. Determine root cause for IC’s failure
- Check an IC device to authenticate manufacture
- Manufacture Logo verification
- Part Number or Mask number verification
- Unique Die Markings verified
- Ensure correct wire bonding
- Compare multiple devices for die revision verification