This May marks Sensible Micro’s 15th company anniversary!
Founded on the principle of providing distribution services that just make sense, Sensible Micro has helped manufacturers secure electronic components and improve their supply chains.
We have grown so much since 2005- here are 15 key accomplishments from the past 15 years.
- From day one, Sensible Micro has strived to provide superior customer service. With decades of combined experience, our team ensures on-time deliveries, accurate orders, and our customers receive fast and reliable service.
- We’ve greatly expanded our inspection & test lab capabilities by building one of the most technically-advanced on-site anti-counterfeit and inspection labs in the industry.
- Our supplier network has been through 15 years of scrubbing and refinement, leaving us with a dependable vendor base. Our rating system ensures our vendors are thoroughly vetted, continuously monitored, and meets or exceeds all our expectations.
- Over the years, we have earned and continue to maintain 5 different Quality Assurance certifications, including ISO 9001:2015 and AS9120B.
- Through our active memberships, we’ve aligned ourselves with some of the top organizations in the industry. We are members of ERAI and GIDEP as well as IDEA, which our President & Co-Founder, Chris Torrioni, sits on the board of trustees.
- We have implemented a President’s Club as a way to recognize and reward our account managers for all their hard work and dedication to our customers.
- We built a state of the art facility that allowed us to stock today’s most in-demand products in our on-site, ANSI ESD S20:20 certified warehouse.
- We’ve added work perks to our employee benefits package, with our most popular being discounted fitness programs and memberships. Some of our team even likes to work out together at Orangetheory Fitness on their lunch break.
- We’ve developed an excess management program to meet the varying needs of our customers. From lot liquidation to consignment we have helped numerous customers implement a program to meet their financial goals and turn their surplus electronic components into working capital efficiently.
- We created a robust portal where customers can access their orders, tracking information, and view quality inspection reports including hi-resolution photos for their orders.
- We can’t leave out the addition of an espresso machine to our office coffee bar. The espresso machine has quickly become an office favorite- just ask our IT Director, Kevin! It’s his favorite!
- We’ve built out a partner network to facilitate secondary lab services for our customers’ orders, such as retinning, lead forming, programming and more. By facilitating these services, we have saved our customers time and reduced costs.
- With the addition of 8 authorized lines to our line card, we have shifted from an independent distributor to a hybrid distributor, providing our customers with a wide variety of factory direct components.
- Last year, we finished renovating our entertainment lounge. It’s a great place to hang out and build on our family culture. We often use it for holiday celebrations, breakfasts and of course happy hours. In addition to bringing the team together, it’s also been perfect for hosting guests.
- We’ve expanded our global network of supply chain partners to Europe and Asia allowing us to expedite and inspect orders sourced and delivered in those regions. With these partnerships, we save our customers valuable time and eliminate the need for back and forth overseas shipments.
We appreciate the partnerships we have developed and thank our customers for making our first 15 years a success. We look forward to providing superior service for many years to come!
Stay on top of the latest developments in the industry and our company by subscribing to the Sensible Micro blog today.