At Sensible Micro, we’ve set out to redefine what it means to be a components distributor. We can quickly source precise components, of course, but we’ll also go the extra mile to ensure the exceptional quality of those components. Our facility includes a comprehensive, in-house electronic component testing & inspection lab that can handle everything from high-power microscopy to decapsulation to low power electronics testing.
Here are six of the core benefits our customers enjoy when using the on-site electronic component testing lab at Sensible Micro:
1. Avoid Counterfeits & Confirm Quality
When you choose Sensible Micro, you gain access to one of the most technically-advanced inspection labs in the industry . In our ur lab, we can identify any suspect or low-quality components before they put your supply chain at risk.
We’re prepared to help you develop a General Counterfeit Avoidance Test (GCAT) plan to fit your precise end-use requirements or niche applications. Our inspection and testing lab features all manner of quality assurance tests, from simple solderability testing to full-scale counterfeit avoidance inspections.
2. Sensible Micro is IDEA Certified
Sensible Micro maintains top inspection and quality assurance certifications to ensure optimal performance for our in-house electronic component testing. The 72-point IDEA-STD-1010-B visual confirmation procedure used by our lab is the preferred method of the most quality-driven distributors and OEMs in the industry (as cited in AS5553). We only administer visual inspection protocols with IDEA-ICE-3000 certified inspectors, including universal high-powered microscopy and marking permanency tests on every single order.
3. Use Our Lab Your Way
We support custom test plans. Discerning customers always have the option to provide Sensible Micro with a custom flow-down inspection or test plan. We’ll do whatever we can to support your quality engineering initiatives, your way, with our in-house technology. Our lab can service a wide range of end-use applications and product types. Contact us and inquire about the specifics of your project for more information! We’re happy to help.
4. Versatile Testing Capabilities
When you use our electronic component test lab, you gain access to numerous testing and inspection protocols in-house from the same distributor who is sourcing your components. Simplify and streamline all manner of testing initiatives, including:
- High-Power Microscopy
- Marking Permanency
- X-Ray Signature Analysis
- Low Power Electrical
- BGA & QFN Analysis
- Heated Solvents Analysis
- Solderability Screening
- XRF Analysis
- Automated Reel to Reel
- Curve Trace Analysis
- Moisture Baking
- 3D Imaging
Feel free to read more about each of Sensible Micro’s robust testing capabilities here.
5. Cutting Edge Technology
It’s our diverse lineup of technically-advanced lab equipment that makes it possible for our on-site lab to perform so many types of inspection. Among other machinery, our lab contains:
- Keyence VHX2000 Microscope — equipped with an unmatched depth of field and 20-1000x hi-res magnification, a fully-motorized stage, and 3D imaging/measurement capabilities.
- Creative Electron TruView 180 X-Ray Machine — for inspecting internal structures.
- Creative Electronic Hawk 2 X-Ray Machine — which leverages the same “facial” recognition software used by Homeland Security to flag anomalies in large-volume components.
- Nisene JetEtch Chemical Decapsulation Machine — to safely expose internal die wafer and wafer bonds (on ceramic and plastic chips!).
- X-Tronic soldering station — to confirm compliance with IPC solderability standards on both leaded and RoHS components.
- S1 Titan XRF Analyzer — for evaluating the elemental breakdown of lead components.
- Xeltek SuperPro Programmer — for both programming and removing unwanted programs from components.
- Yamato DKN-821 Oven — for proper baking of any and all unsealed MSL-rated components before shipping (free of charge).
You can preview some of our advanced component testing machinery in action on our Quality Assurance video, below:
6. Relief For Stressed Supply Chains!
Manufacturing labor reductions around the world and elevated component costs have, at times, created troubling shortages. Take advantage of our in-house electronic component testing lab to relieve supply chain stressors such as recent upticks in counterfeit electronic components, the unknowns involved with new sourcing partners, or increased reliance on a smaller number of vendors.
Request a sample GCAT or IDEA lab report from Sensible Micro and see what we can do for you!